Rebeca Greene Photography

Monday, October 15, 2012

Watch your step

You've got to love when your next "assignment" is just under your feet. Saturday morning walk - Library Route. I cross the street and look down as I walk right by what turns out to be today's subject. You don't know how many times I walk past something and do a double-take and turn around.

Years ago someone wrote an old pledge of love in the gutter cement. Who knows how long it's been there. I wonder...Are they still together? Did they get married? I hope it was a nice wedding. How many kids do they have? How old are they and are they now writing in cement?

Or.....was it just a passing flicker of young romance, now a lie immortalized in stone - how poetic. Was it a bad breakup or did they split amicably?

Nevertheless, I have a subject to talk about and share. So, if they are just a distant memory, it wasn't completely in vain.

E.V. and R.P.  Forever????

Then I walked around the park and what did I see....
Quack, Quack, Waddle, Waddle
A web-footed ducky walking past me!

You have to admit, you don't see duck prints everyday! I came home and told Billy "Well, I got my blog for Monday!" Usually I have to work a little harder than that.

Of course, I have other "under-foot" pictures to share. I thought I would throw a little color in. Sidewalks are so colorless.

So Artsy
You've heard about the fly on the wall, right? This one was on the ground up in Portland, Oregon.
Where's my fly swatter?
We like the Oscar's in our household, so we throw a party every year. Sometimes we dress up to root on our favorite movie that's up for an award. I came as a non-survivor of the Titanic. We roll out the red carpet (yes, I really have one) and make a big whoop-ti-do over it all. One year we pretended we were Graumann's Chinese Theater and we all put our names and footprints in cement. I think that was the year we even had a "valet/doorman". Mostly these days we just get together, eat and have a contest of who picks the most winners.

So, here's "The Walk"
The Walk

and a few of the "Stars" of the day
Some of the Stars
Yes, it is a butt print!
  He went out after dark and sat in the cement.....coldy!!

Even the cat did it (he was not too happy about it)

Our Family
So, watch where you step. You may be trampling on art!



No comments:

Post a Comment