Rebeca Greene Photography

Monday, August 19, 2013

County Fair

A friend of mine told me I should enter my photos at the county fair. I told her I'd never even BEEN to the fair. Well, she went off..."Oh, Becky, there's so much to see there!! You have to go!", she says. So, I pulled up the website and printed off the guidelines and thought about it for a while. I went through my pictures and chose the ones I wanted to enter. I printed and mounted and took them in.

I still had no desire to do the "fair thing" but I did want to see all the photos I entered along with the competition. So, I grabbed my daughter and got there before the traffic got ridiculous. I told her I didn't want to ride rides or eat any food (dieting). I just wanted to walk around and see the interesting stuff and come on home. She was game, so off we went.


We walked along the midway passing one food stand after another.

Cute Little Diner Car
With a few fun stops along the way.

A couple of Corny Guys!

Hangin' with the Icee Bear

PUNCH!!!
JOE!!!
Step right up and win some crap!

That's a Whole Lot of Plastic!

We started at the Big Barnyard Animals. There were pigs...

Sleeping Beauty

SNOUT!!!

Love, Pig
I love a good print.

Poppies!
We ran into a couple of well-dressed sheep.

Okay, I added the "PINK" part

That 70's Sheep
and one very wistful cow
What a Cutie!
It was neat to see the kids that raised these big beautiful animals. A whole different life than we're used to.

A Girl and Her Prized Pig

Devoted
Sweet Suey
Calico Goat
We saw lots of loving pairs

Sweet Love

Twins
Then we moved on to the Little Farm Animals. Roosters, Bunnies and Chickens

Rooster Man

Oh, the Adorableness

Sweet Little Bunnies

Cluck, Cluck, My Good Man

We checked out the Landscaping and Craft Exhibits. We thought this was a strange and different kind of fountain.

She's Bendy
The fair is all about boots and hats.

Blooming Boots

Having a Kickin' Good Time!

Stack O' Hats
We bought some macaroons and cruised on.

We ended in the Photography Pavilion and found all my entries. It was neat to see them up there along with all the others. Lots of beautiful photos to look at. It was exciting that I got a couple of awards. All in all, it was a good experience.

Ventura County Fair
There, I did it. And, I'll probably do it again next year. Thanks, Babs!


No comments:

Post a Comment