Rebeca Greene Photography

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

About Face

I bet you thought I gave up on blogging, didn't you? Not completely. I just took a creative break. These things can't be forced. Well, they can, but to keep it fun, you need to be inspired.

This week I found my inspiration in nature. Tree bark to be exact. No, no barking trees here. This tree bark made a face and looked me right in the eye and said, "Get your butt back to blogging young lady!" So, I am being a good little girl and obeying my inner voice.

Along with my "Bark Face" I am offering a smattering of strange and wonderful mostly non-human images of the beautiful face. Abstract or otherwise.

Time to face the facts...

Bark Face
Hello, Ladies!

Quite Sultry
This one has a devil-may-care kind of attitude.

Diva
Waiting for a train.

Vogue!
Give this one a couple of drinks and she can wear the lampshade on her head.

Hampton Chic

Here are a few slightly familiar faces.

I crocheted this guy for my photo shoots.

Sock Monkey!!!!!
I drew this guy for Cheryl and Shaun to put him emerging from a wall that someone crashed into along the side of the road. Good Fun!

Kool Aid Guy
I, I ain't got no body. And no body's got me. Ya te te cha.....

Igor!!!  Froderick!!!
How about a couple of old men.

A Rough and Tumble Guy
Safety Man

Gnome from the Hood

Another Abstract. This "face" was actually coats hanging on a coat rack.

Coat Man
Let's not forget the children.

Sailor Girl
How about some more accidental faces.

Metal Man
Okay, I kind of helped this guy along. But I think it looks like a face even without the smile.

A Happy Skimmer Lid
Somebody needs some serious makeup.

A Statue with a Shiner
Having a little fun at the mall...years ago! These were probably all taken by Mariano Bonilla since he wasn't in any of them.

Strike a Pose

She Fits Right In

The Oreo's
Oops, no faces.

Silly Boys!!!
This is what I refer to as "Billy Mountain". This set of mountain tops reminds me of my son, Bill. I took it while driving without looking, so it's not the perfect profile, but you can see his little floofy hair at the top, forehead, eyebrows, eyelashes, nose, top lip and chin with a goatee at the bottom. Running in <--- that direction. Every time I see it, I say, "Hi, Honey!" as I go by. Crazy Mom--I know!

Billy Mountain...."Hi, Honey!"
So, there you have it. It's about time I blogged about faces.


No comments:

Post a Comment