Rebeca Greene Photography

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Exploring the community


Already in my quest for change I have found new and exciting things to see. My first two adventures on my down days were to uncharted close-by neighborhoods where I found things I never knew existed. I now have an agenda. I copied a page from my Thomas Bros. guide and have highlighted the streets I have been on and intend to hit every accessible street in the city. This may take me years.

One day I found a hiking trail behind an entire neighborhood that I thought was just a street or two. The hiking trail will have to wait. It will take me three separate visits to cover just the new neighborhood alone. Neat houses on big lots with views that go for miles. All less than a couple of miles from my house. It's amazing what ruts we live in.

Another random journey uncovered a community garden. Really??? Again, only a mile from my house in a different direction. I entered and went down row by row checking out the different plots that each had it's own personality. Some were bursting with blooming flowers.

I believe this is a Zinnia

Dainty little Daisies


This center is mesmerizing
Morning Glory

Tender unknown flowers
Some had gone to seed.

Allium
uninvited guests
There were some forgotten vegetables that never made it to the kitchen table.

Sad Cucumbers

Deflated Pumpkin
Berries still yet to be picked.


Raspberries
 Interesting markings and gorgeous color combinations
I see a hidden Mickey!!!!!

Looks like something out of a medical journal

Hearty Red Ribs
And then there were the sights that just screamed FALL!!
queue the gray clouds
Variegated Pumpkins

Fall Flower
Last  Leaf
 I will definitely revisit this place as the seasons change.





No comments:

Post a Comment