Rebeca Greene Photography

Monday, October 8, 2012

Breaking up the old routine

Sad to say, but my usual morning walk is now becoming somewhat humdrum. Especially now that said walks have more of a mission than just shedding a few pounds. Problem: I need new things to photograph. On a brighter note, my amazing vocation affords me a four-day work week.

INSERT BRILLIANT IDEA HERE

I have, therefore, decided that on my one weekday off I will drive to a new location to cruise around after dropping my grandson off at school. Nowhere far, just a new and exciting neighborhood that offers fresh vistas and a little break in the monotony.

Having a new sense of discovery, I set out on my first weekly adventure. Off to the local botanical garden. A short 3/4 mile loop hike that hopes to bring me new and exciting things to check out.

Hitting the Trail
The following sign is quite appropo since currently I am fighting the urge to scratch my poison oak outbreak that I brought home from our wonderful camping trip last week. STAY ON THE TRAILS KIDS!
Duly Noted

Oak Leaf
Hello There Little Friend
I was randomly taking pics of a whole field of this particular plant and I happened to zoom in on this one that had a camouflaged stowaway.

Camouflaged

Seed Pods

Ray a Drop of Golden Sun
There are tags on most of these plants, but I failed to read them all, so I have no idea what they are. All I know is that they are pretty and/or interesting. Oh, and they photograph well.
I forgot to see what the name of this guy was

Candy Corn Anyone?

I really should have read the signs

Delicate Prettiness
I love nature.
Rebeca Greene Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment