Rebeca Greene Photography

Monday, October 22, 2012

Jeepers Creepers

This time of year all you see around the streets are creepy things. I figured this might be the perfect opportunity to share my not-so-pretty things. Life is not all cakes and roses, you know. The world is filled with spiders, snakes, scorpions and loads of other stuff that give you the heebee-jeebees.

So this is my disclaimer. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Oh, you know you're curious!!!!

I thought I would start off slow and ease you into it. We'll kick it off with a non-organic creature. This not-so-little guy isn't your normal everyday yard art. To each his own, I guess.
Scorpion Yard Art
Okay, now we go LIVE!
Dr. Sheldon Cooper?
I am fascinated by these unique insects. They are so odd looking.                                                                               

Mini Me
Sometimes I run across odd-shaped vegetation that looks freaky. The fruit below is a strange citrus even in it's normal form. It's called a Buddha Hand Citron and it usually spikes out in all directions like Gidget's flip. But this one looks like a creepy hand. It must have weirded the homeowners out too, because the next week it was gone.

Creepy Hand
Next is an evil tomato. I bet he makes a mean salsa! HAHAHAHA....Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Evil Tomato
One day I ran across this centipede in a spa and took his picture. Then the same afternoon I found this Popsicle stick floating in another pool. What are the chances?!?!
It must have been National Centipede Day
Now I am moving on to the more vile things...you've been warned.

Do you remember Creme Savers? You know those swirly hard candies that came in raspberry, orange and coffee/caramel flavor and they had a raised swirl on the top? Well I got a craving for the coffee ones this afternoon!
Mmmmmm...Candy!
I took the next picture with my outdated phone so my apologies for the quality, but the colors and patterns are so pretty.
Snakes are beautiful!
Enter the last and grossest creature of the post. A Trap Door Spider. Not as big as a tarantula, but close. He was in kind of a heap in the bottom of the skimmer basket, so I got a stick and moved his legs to get a good picture. I didn't want to touch him in case he was poisonous. He's not. Then I thought I would take him home and bring him to Zach's school for show and tell. I used to bring in stuff all the time. Hummingbird nests, giant grasshoppers and other bright colored bugs - anything cool. So I stuck him in a ziplock bag and put him on the floor of my truck. Half way through the day I noticed that he had moved and I thought "good thing I put him in a Ziplock!!!!!"- I thought he was dead.

Trap Door Spider or is that Spe-ider?
Gotta love my job. Not for the faint of heart.




No comments:

Post a Comment