Rebeca Greene Photography

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Oscar!

Well, the annual Oscar party has come and gone. And, as usual, I lost. This year we scaled it way back and I thought there might be a slight chance for a win, but, alas, it was not to be.

Oh, Oscar, why do you elude me? What have I ever done to you? I throw you a party every year. I transform my pathways to emulate your homage to the stars. I even clean my house for you. What more do you want from me?

Each year we all fill out a ballot for the 24 categories, throw in a buck and count down to the winner. Cheryl, my daughter, was the winner this year with twenty correct categories...Bravo!!! I did absolutely no pre-party investigation and, literally, checked boxes on my ballot willy-nilly. I suppose this could be the reason for my loss. I did get nine right. Woo Hoo!!!

This blog celebrates Oscar parties, present and past.

And, 5-4-3-2-1
They tried out a new host this year

Seth Macfarlane
I may be an Oscar Loser, but my traditional Oscar-themed T-shirt was another winner.

Tee Hee
Some blasts from the past

What a Pair!
I proudly display my retired jerseys.

Wardrobe
Someday...
This is more like it
We added a new block on "The Walk" this year.

Fresh Cement
Sometimes we roll out the Red Carpet.

The Stars make their Entrance
We used to dress up

Super Stars
And backed our favorite flick.

"BABE"
"TOY STORY"

"UP"
Decked out the place

Hollywood on Display
Once the Oscar Bunny came

Oscar Bunny
But mostly we eat and drink and have fun

The Candy Sugar Edge was Fabulous!!
One of the players

Cute Shirt
The coveted prize

The Coveted Prize
And the Oscar goes to...

The Proud Winner!

Hooray for Hollywood!

The Academy of Motion Pictures bids you adieu.


No comments:

Post a Comment