Rebeca Greene Photography

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Field Trip!!!

I love a good field trip! Monday, I got to go to the Huntington Library. When I was little, my dad used to take us all the time. He was fascinated by the Japanese garden and the Bonsai section. I have very vague recollections of a red arched bridge over a koi-filled pond. I also remember running around through the botanical garden. Last time I went I was single digits...a long time ago. Let's just say, this time was like going for the first time.

I went with a gaggle of girls and we had a nice leisurely lunch at a Pasadena eatery and then cruised the park from open to close. I snapped away all day. I was bushed, but happy! Even though it's not spring and "flower season", we still saw pretty blooms and great landscapes. We weren't able to get to all the buildings or the botanical garden, but that will be for another time.

A Friendly Flyer

Fall Offerings
  
Grape Leaf in Fall

Pretty Petals
 We recruited a passerby to take this one...

Me and My Posse
The Japanese Garden's red bridge is no longer red, but it still brought back memories. Who knows, maybe it never was.

Serenity Now

Bamboo Pathway

A Tender  Flower
 
BONSAI!!!
The Chinese Garden was beautiful and tranquil.

A Room with a View

Peaceful Pagoda

Tranquility

Such Beauty

Reflections
 Oh, yeah, and this crazy lady...

My Sister took this one

Pink Pretties
 I got some cool flower pics in the Conservatory (a hot house with rain foresty plants).

The Conservatory

A Giant Terrarium

A Strange Bucket-Like Flower
So Delicate

Just Cute!
The Children's Garden had some fun little paths and cool mist and fog special effects.

Into the Mist

Fall Colors

Bottle Brush

Erupting Volcano












Little Sprouts
I will not wait another forty-plus years to go again. I think the early spring will do.


No comments:

Post a Comment